Steak and Potatoes

Ok, couple nights ago I'd laid out some round steaks for dinner. Now, given the fact that these can have a tendency to turn out quite tough I decided to experiment (yes, experiment, scary I know) in hopes that the finished product would prevent me from knawing away at steak all night.

Here's what I did:

1/2 cup butter, melted
Montreal Steak Seasoning, couple shakes of the bottle to taste
Season salt, couple shakes of the bottle to taste
Garlic powder, couple shakes of the bottle to taste
Pepper

I shook this mixture up in a ziploc baggie then put my steaks in and shook it the bag again to coat. Put it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. After a while I pulled the steaks out and broiled them in the oven for about 5 minutes total. The finished product was quite tasty. They weren't tough and the butter marinade gave them a nice juicy flavor. Overall I was rather pleased. :)


Another experiment of the night:

3 medium potatoes, sliced to preferred size, I made them like potato string size
Season salt
Pepper
Worcestershire sauce

After cutting the potatoes I seasoned them then poured enough Worchestershire sauce in a bowl to mix and coat the potatoes. Fry in a skillet. Enjoy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still waiten on that chicken....